Stack Overflow profiler open sourced: Profiling your website like a true Ninja.
Smaller is Faster (and Safer Too). Chrome team have just started using a new compression algorithm called Courgette to make Google Chrome updates small. Read more.
Ask Amir Taaki About Bitcoin. From Slashdot.
The Four Stages of NTFS File Growth from Windows Server Core Team.
Some articles from CodeProject:
- Effective Exception Handling in Visual C++ by zexspectrum.
- Moving CodeProject.com to a new host by Chris Maunder, Vince Yonemitsu.
- HTML5 Web Socket in Essence by Wayne Ye.
- Delivering Software to a Global Audience. Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu shares his experience in challenging field – software localization.
- Detecting Manipulations in Data with Benford’s Law By Kerry Cakebread.
Rosa Golijan writes about what happens on the Internet every 60 seconds.
The Biggest Changes in C++11 (and Why You Should Care) by Danny Kalev.
Are You Too Good For Code Reviews? Articles and discussion in Slashdot.
Google’s Swiffy converts Flash SWF files to HTML5.
Have you wondered whether WordPress can handle high-volume traffic? High Traffic Tips For WordPress.
The most detailed story about Stuxnet: How Digital Detectives Deciphered Stuxnet, the Most Menacing Malware in History.
How to build your own 135TB RAID6 storage pod for $7,384 from extremetech.com.
Investigation: Is Your SSD More Reliable Than A Hard Drive? from tomshardware.com.
pdf.js is a technology demonstrator prototype to explore whether the HTML5 platform is complete enough to faithfully and efficiently render the ISO 32000-1:2008 Portable Document Format (PDF) without native code assistance. From Dr. Andreas Gal.