Google Workspace Marketplace (Google Apps, Google Apps Script, G Suite) does not offer historical data access. Moreover, the most popular apps shows (limited to) 10,000,000+ downloads, and there is no way to access the real download count.
But there is a solution. A service called AppMetrics.info allows you to access all historical data. Besides the historical dataset they also offer:
- Historial rating information.
- Competitor price monitoring.
- Release monitoring.
- Downloads monitoring by day, month, year, any custom time range.
If you are not monitoring and analyzing your competition, that does not mean that they are not monitoring your apps’ performance on the Google Marketplace. Analyzing competitors has many benefits, and here are few of them:
- Spotting of declining market, or a buggy release (maybe it’s time to speak to competitor’s customers?).
- Finding a new market for you app idea, by spotting new growing markets.
- Knowing who’s app is performing better by revealing real download count behind 10,000,000+ downloads.
P.S. I am affiliated with the service ;)